Wearing and Caring for your BioElectric Shield
General Instructions including how to wear, how to re-tie the cord, showers, washing machines, etc. Read more...
Caring for the Shield
Want to give the Shield to someone else? Here's what you need to know about recharging and energy clearing.
- Wear your Shield during the day or all the time. We recommend that you take it off at bedtime and place it on your bedside table or hang near you. As long as it is within 2-3 feet of you, it is still working with your energy field.
- Occasionally it is good to leave it farther away at night. It allows your energy field to remember the pattern the Shield is providing during the day, reinforcing the pattern.
- The Shield is often worn on a cord, chain or beaded necklace at the heart level. However, as long as it's on your body somewhere, it will do its job.
- PLEASE DO NOT YANK THE CORD OVER YOUR HEAD TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHIELD. Pulling hard on the cord will eventually cause your top loop to bend away from the back of the shield - and YOUR SHIELD WILL EVENTUALLY FALL OFF THE CORD.
- You can wear under or over your clothing with equal effectiveness.
- Instead of wearing it, slip your cord or chain around your belt loop and place it in your pocket, attach to swivel key chain, or pin it in your bra. You can use any chain or cord you choose. Wearing the Shield closer to your heart is the ideal. We have some excellent chains and beaded chains available on our website, as well as silk and leather cords with sterling hooks.
- Click Here to visit our accessories for emf protection pendants
TYING THE CORD
- To knot or not to knot - If your Shield arrived with a fancy butterfly knot at the loop you may or may not want to keep it that way...or redo it if you replace the cord. If you want to sometimes wear your Shield on a chain or Beaded Chain, then go without the fancy knot and just do the adjustable sliding knot.
- How to re-tie the butterfly knot at the loop cord: Our product manager now reveals the secret of how she ties the butterfly knot. "I put the shield on the cord first and make sure it is exactly in the middle then I make the loops large enough to fit the shield into them. I also put the loops directly below the shield loop and after I push the shield through the loops I slowly pull both cords equally until the knot is directly over the shield's top loop then I snug it up tight." Click here for Photo instructions Click here for a video showing butterfly knot and sliding knot (just imagine the tiger-eye donut is the loop at the top of your Shield)
- How to tie an adjustable, sliding knot in Your Black Cord: It seems complicated at first, but once you get it, it's really simple. You can tie as shown with two wraps around, or just do one if you want a simpler know. Click here for video Instructions You can do this with either a leather or satin cord or any other material you have.
- Secure, non-adjustable knot. If you want to wear the Shield at about your heart all the time and don't plan on changing the length, there's a very simple knot you can do. Hold both ends in one hand, make a loop around your fingers, then pull the ends thru the loop...don't tighten it until you have the length you want - you can slide the loop up and down to adjust to length - when you have at the right length pull tightly. I normally then pull the cords just under the not as well, so it's really tight. Do this every time you put your Shield on.
- TIE CORD SECURELY – Each and every time you put your Shield on you should pull on the cords to make sure the knot is tight. The cord can become loose with wear, so please protect your Shield by making it a habit to pull tightly every time you put it on. Also, check for wear and if your cord is worn don’t use it! You can get replacement cords from us for only $2, or go to a craft store and they usually have similar cording. For greater security using a chain is best. We have some good options in Stainless Steel, Sterling and Gold Fill.
- Hint for cord tying You can get a very secure knot by holding both cords together, and looping them both through the same loop, then pull tightly. Again, do this every time you put your Shield on.
- CHECK FOR WEAR - if your cord is starting to fray or show signs of wear, replace it immediately. You don't want you to lose it.
WEARING YOUR SHIELD - CHAINS, OTHER CORDS, NECKLACES - POLISHING KITS
We carry silver, gold-filled, and stainless chains. We also have a full line of beaded necklaces and energy necklaces to enhance your experience of wearing the Shield.
Click Here If you would like to view these options
THE SHOWER - WASHING MACHINES
- The Shower - Your Shield is soldered together at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit! It's waterproof. You can wear it in the shower, or in the ocean or a lake. Chlorinated pools will tarnish a silver shield in minutes!
- Washing Machines - If your Shield goes through the washer, simply recharge it the next day. The crystal matrix is embedded in a holding material that cushions it and makes it resistant to high heat or extreme cold. Running the Shield through a dryer isn't a great idea, though and can be hard on the finish.
- If you do this, or have washed your Shield a bunch of times, consider sending it back for a RECHARGE
- When to polish: We recommend that you polish your Shield occasionally. Tarnishing doesn't affect the performance of the Shield, but naturally, it looks nicer when it's not tarnished. The most important thing you can do is recharge your shield regularly.
- Do not use ultrasonic cleaners. The vibration can damage the crystals.
- What kind of polishing cloth should you use? The cloth we carry came recommended by the largest jeweler supplier in this country. We agree after trying a few others. It does not leave a residue on your hands but can quickly polish your Shield, and any other jewelry you have. Most people order 2 kits at a time. They are not washable since the cleaning compound is part of the cloth. Order the Polishing Kit (many people get 2 at a time)
- If you prefer, you can use an ordinary silver polish or natural methods for removing tarnish from silver. To obtain the mirror finish on polished Shields you can use a dip, but we recommend a cream polish or polishing cloth instead as they leave a protective finish behind.
- How do I polish a satin finish shield? To restore the satin finish, you will need to get our Polishing Kit. The kit contains the buffing pad that will restore the satin, textured finish of your Shield after you have used the cloth to remove tarnish. You can use other abrasive pads, but they may make your Shield look gray. If you don't use the matte buffing pad, your Shield will gradually get shinier over time which is also a good look.
- Watch a video of how to polish your Shield
- Tarnish - Does the Shield Tarnish? Why does my Shield tarnish so rapidly? Brass and silver Shields do tarnish and can be cleaned with our Sunshine polishing cloths which are the best available. The rate of tarnish is affected by many things. Lotions, perfumes and even your body's PH level can cause the Shield to tarnish more quickly. Humidity and heat also greatly affect tarnish rates. Another, possibly surprising, factor is your stress level and the amount of balancing the Shield is doing - many people find that during times of initial balancing, or during times of stress that their Shields tarnish more quickly - this may be because the Shield is working so hard, or perhaps it's just that stress affects the PH balance of your skin. The tarnish doesn't affect the way the Shield works. You can use the mentioned polishing clothes, or use commercial silver or brass polish.
RECHARGING YOUR BIOELECTRIC SHIELD AT HOME
TO KEEP YOUR SHIELD RECHARGED 100%, HANG IT OUTSIDE ONCE A MONTH
- 3 hours if it's sunny
- 6 hours if it is cloudy
- Add 2 hours to each of the above conditions if you hang it inside a window.
- You can charge it more often if you feel you have been around a large amount of EMF or have experienced a lot of stress.
WHAT IF IT'S CLOUDY, OR THE MOON IS OUT?
- The Energy of the sun will come through the clouds so you don't have to wait for a sunny day, but full sun is optimal.
- The Shield IS DRAINED BY MOONLIGHT. If you do leave it out in the moonlight, simply re-charge for double the number of hours it was exposed to moonlight. You CAN wear it during the moonlight and your Shield will not be affected.
WHERE DO I HANG IT?
- Hang it outside. hang your Shield where it is continuously exposed to natural light. If it's sunny, hang it outside for 3 hours, if cloudy charge for 6 hours. If you are lucky enough to have a secure outdoor space, hanging it outside is ideal. Be sure to Secure Shield by tying or looping it around something: squirrels and birds have been known to take unsecured Shields. (In the above photo, the black cord is looped through itself so that even if a bird grabs it, it would have to lift the entire chair to fly off with the Shield.)
- Hang in Window: If necessary, install a hook in your window so the Shield can dangle freely inside your window, not flat against the window or on a window sill. We recommend 8 hours if recharging in a window.
THE FOLLOWING METHODS DO NOT RECHARGE YOUR SHIELD
- Reiki does not recharge the Shield
- Hanging it in the moonlight depletes the Shield
- A laser pen does not recharge the Shield
- A full spectrum light does not recharge the Shield
- Other crystals do not recharge your Shield
- THE ONLY WAY TO RECHARGE THE SHIELD AT HOME IS TO HANG IT IN NATURAL DAYLIGHT!
- Charging it more often is fine!
- Keep your Shield at 100% power for the rest of your life either by charging regularly at home, or send to us every few years for a Recharge, Examination and Repolish.
- The Shield cannot be charged with a grow-light, full-spectrum lights, pyramids or salt water. Your Shield does not absorb negative energy, so it never needs to be cleared or cleansed – only recharged by exposure to natural daylight.
- Is charging the shield for 2 hours over 3 days have the same effect as one 6 hour charge?
It's best to do it for 3 continuous hours if it's sunny - and 6 continuous hours if it's cloudy.
- Does the Shield benefit from random charging....hour here, an hour there?
Answer: Yes, now you can wear it outside your clothing and charge it. We still recommend hanging it outside for several hours at a time once a month.
- Is it moonlight(dark) that drains your shield or should you avoid charging it when the moon is out during the day? Or visible during the day? Or not behind the Horizon?
Answer: It's better to do it when the moon is not visible during the day. That being said, the sun energy is stronger than the moon when the sun is out, but the optimal charge will occur when none of the 3 conditions you mention exist.
GIFTING THE SHIELD: Instructions for Clearing and Recharging a Shield Before you give it to someone else
If you want to pass on a Shield you are no longer using (you upgraded, or any other reason), you need to clear the Shield of the energy of the person who has worn it. To do this, follow the recharge instructions above, but do it for 6 days in a row. Please make sure you bring the Shield before dark to avoid the moonlight shining on it. Once this has been done, you have both cleared and recharged the Shield. It is ready to be given to the next person who will wear it.
If you feel your Shield may not be performing at the same strength it was when you first received it, you can send your Shield back to our production facility in Montana to be recharged and re-polished. If a Shield is especially depleted, we may put it back into our charging room for a few extra days. If this is the case, we'll let you know.
Please allow 7-10 days for recharging and re-polishing, and 7-10 days for return shipping. (Total time 2-3 weeks. Less time if you choose faster return shipping.
Click Here To order a Recharge
DOES THE SHIELD KEEP UP WITH THE CHANGING EARTH FREQUENCY? (THE SCHUMANN RESONANCE?
The earth's frequency, sometimes called the Schumann Resonant frequency, is said to be changing based on the consciousness of the inhabitants of this earth. As the consciousness of the people goes up, the consciousness of the planet goes up.
The quartz in the crystal matrix of the Shield is connected to the crystal matrix of quartz all over the planet. They vibrate in harmony with one another, so any changes that affect any of the crystals, will affect all of them in the network, and this includes those in the Shield. They all adapt to the new polarity and then the ones in the Shield, bring the aspects of this new polarity into harmony in your body. (Did you know your body has the same minerals in it as quartz?) This feature is one of the most amazing things about BioElectric Shields - they are always precisely in tune with the earth's polarity, and, because they get recharged by the energy of the sun, they are also in sync with the relationship between the sun's magnetic field and the earth's magnetic field.
This quote below from the article is a great description of how the energies change. The Shield changes right along with all of these field shifts.
"Every 11 years, the strength of this magnetic field gradually decreases to zero, then emerges in the opposite direction, as part of the solar cycle. It’s as if, here on Earth, compasses pointed towards the Arctic as “North” for 11 years, then briefly wavered, then pointed towards Antarctica as “North” for the next 11 years (in fact, the Earth’s magnetic field does reverse as well, but it occurs with much less regularity and takes a few hundred thousand years to do so)."
Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/news/The_Suns_Magnetic_Field_Is_About_to_Reverse/93305#ixzz2eDWYM6AT
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE IT IS WORKING?
- You can request that our consultant personally examine your shield to make sure it is at 100% power after it's been recharged. If it's not, it will be placed in the Crystal Room until a full charge is achieved. (If this is not possible we will call you, but this seldom happens!)
- If you have any doubt about the strength of your shield, you can make sure it's working at maximum efficiency by sending to have re-polished and re-charged in our crystal room.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO RECHARGE MY SHIELD OTHER THAN HANGING IT OUTSIDE?
- Can I charge it with salt water or full-spectrum lights? No.
- Does the EMF Protection Shield have to be cleansed? Does it pick up negative energy? Answer: When you are wearing a Shield, it is focused on balancing and protecting your energy. It does not pick-up negative energy - it deflects it away from you. This takes energy which is why your Shield needs to be recharged, but not "cleansed".
Many people find they want to trade-up to a higher level of protection.
Click Here To learn how to trade-up from one level to the next.
SYMBOLS AND MARKINGS ON YOUR SHIELD
Each Shield is lovingly handcrafted. Our Shield Makers stamp their unique symbol on the back of the Shield opposite the top loop. The .925 stamp signifies pure sterling silver, and the 14k or .585 symbolizes pure 14k gold. The ADD/Focus Shield has an A on the back; custom shields have a C. Shields not from North America will also have a number which tells us which region/country it's for..
CAN I TRADE MY SHIELD UP TO A HIGHER LEVEL?
Anytime within a year from purchase, you can return your original Shield and Trade-up to a higher level Shield. You may have purchased what you could afford, knowing you would eventually want a stronger Shield. You may have been skeptical and not wanted to spend money on a higher level until you found out if the Shield worked. After wearing it for a while, you know it works and you are ready to invest in yourself and your well-being
Click Here Read more about how and why you may want to Trade-Up to a Higher Level Shield.