Holidays: Enjoyment vs. Stress!
Holidays May be Especially Difficult if You're a "Highly Sensitive Person"
The holidays are here again. This time of year is always filled with so much emotion, anxiety, anticipation, love, joy, worry...it’s sometimes hard to stay focused. Boundaries tend to get very blurred more easily at this time a year.
We’re all trying to have the Christmas Spirit, unfortunately, we often think that means giving up too much of ourselves, our time, our energy and our money.
- Do you avoid certain people or places because you feel uncomfortable, tired, angry, sad… around them?
- Do you unplug your telephone because you are afraid someone will call and ask for a favor?
- Do you ever drink too much at parties because it is the only way you know to relieve tension?
- Do you ever say yes to doing something for or with someone when you know you really don’t have the time, energy or resources?
- Have you ever spent time with people you don’t like or feel uncomfortable with because you are afraid to hurt their feelings?
If you answered yes, to any of these questions, you may be struggling with boundary issues.
We all want to feel secure, loved and accepted. But can we do it, without shrinking our world, or giving up our self-identity?
Dag Hammarskjold once said,
“The more carefully we listen to the voice inside of us, the more clearly we will hear what is sounding outside.”
You can hear that voice inside more clearly when you aren't hearing the voices of everyone else. The BioShield can actually help you with this. The Shield deflects other people's energy, thoughts and emotions and allows you to be in a stronger, clearer space.
Consider a Level 3 Shield, if you are especially sensitive.
Send in your photo for evaluation if you want help choosing a Shield - our consultant can tell us which one is going to be most effective for you.
More tips for getting through the holidays
Have a Happy Holiday
Virginia and AnnaMariah