"Most parents would be concerned if their children had significant exposure to lead, chloroform, gasoline fumes, or the pesticide DDT", stated Forbes in this article "Study Suggests Wi-Fi Exposure More Dangerous To Kids Than Previously Thought". But then that bold statement strangely peters off into kind of dismissing the subject.
I’ve been seeing a new rash of articles and posts on Facebook similar to Forbes article all stating that the brains of children and fetus' absorb more microwave radiation than adults because their sculls are thinner and brain tissues more absorbent. (see below for links)
But there are almost no comments on any of these articles. Why?
Why aren't parents and teachers up in arms about WiFi in School and all the other sources of radiation?
1. We believe part of the reason people aren't more alarmed is that there isn't concrete Proof - although the The Bioinitiative Report states that radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF/EMF) is a Class 2B Carcinogen we’re facing the same issue as in the early days of tobacco and cancer awareness, it can take decades before the full extent of the damage shows up, at which point it’s too late.
2. We are inundated with things that we are supposed to be scared of, and seldom given ways that we can take steps to protect ourselves. We've given up.
3. I hesitate to mention this part - it's possible that big business has been squelching or at the very least shedding doubt on viable studies, so that we tend to discount them.
Children’s brains are thinner and contain more fluid than adult brains, which means they can more readily absorb electricity. Mathematical models show that when children hold a mobile phone up to their ears, the brain surface they expose to radiation is more than double that of adults. Some of the issues brought up in these recent studies
- Exposure can result in degeneration of the protective myelin sheath that surrounds brain neurons.
- Electronic toys and other wireless devices are being sold for use by young infants and toddlers - we don't fully know what long term use will do physically, mentally or emotionally.
- Digital dementia has been reported in school age children.
- Young girls who wear their cell phones in their bras are developing breast cancer right where they put their phones.
- Autism, ADD/ADHD and a host of other issues have been linked to EMF
Forbes ended their article with this
“In a Network World opinion article ominously titled ‘Is Wi-Fi killing us…slowly?” columnist Mark Gibbs makes the point that “… laws and warnings are all very well but it’s pretty much certain that all restrictions on products that use microwave technology will err on the safe side; that is, the side that’s safe for industry, not the side of what’s safe for society.” Gibbs then added this ominous closing question, “Will we look back (sadly) in fifty or a hundred years and marvel at how Wi-Fi and cellphones were responsible for the biggest health crisis in human history?’ ”
"The topic certainly merits more scrutiny, and perhaps some common sense limits on what devices our children use, and for how long."
This echoes exactly what we have been saying for nearly 25 years. While most of us don’t consciously notice problems with EMF exposure the effects are cumulative and often hard to pin down - Read more about the Silent Epidemic
The question is this – are you willing to wait 20-30-40 years until all the consequences are proven or are you going to take steps to reduce exposure?
Here are just a few of the articles I have recently been reading (or writing).
Study Suggests Wi-Fi Exposure More Dangerous To Kids Than Previously Thought – Forbes
Why children absorb more microwave radiation than adults: The consequences - The Environmental Health Trust
Cell Phones, Radiation and Your Child's Health by Devra Davis, PhD, President and Founder, Environmental Health Trust, and author of Disconnect: The Truth about Cell Phone Radiation, Plume, 2011
New Study Finds That Children Really Do Absorb More Radiation - BioElectric Shield