BioInitiative Reports Finds Links Between EMF Radiation, Cancer, and Other Health Problems
Scientists Band Together to Tell the World about EMF Dangers in the BioInitiative Report
In 2012, 29 scientists updated the 2007 BioInitiative Report, which covers the biological effects of:
- electromagnetic fields from power lines, electrical wiring, appliances, and hand-held devices
- wireless technology from cell and cordless phones, cell towers, WI-Fi, wireless routers, baby monitors, surveillance systems,
- wireless utility (Smart) meters and more.
Who Are the Researchers?
The BioInitiative Report 2012 has been prepared by 29 authors from ten countries*, ten holding medical degrees (MDs), 21 PhDs, and three MsC, MA or MPHs. Among the authors are three former presidents of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, and five full members of BEMS. One distinguished author is the Chair of the Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation.
Studies found links between Cancer, Health Issues & Increased EMF in our Daily Lives
In the 2007 and updated 2012 BioInitiative Report, twenty scientists and researchers from around the world reviewed over 2,000 studies on EMFs. They concluded after reviewing the studies was that there is a link between EMFs, cancer, and other health problems. New studies completed from 2007-2012 tell us the EMF dangers are much worse now than they were in 2007.
Further, the report concludes the “existing standards for public safety are inadequate to protect public health.”
In the 2012 six-hundred-page BioInititive Report, the authors discuss the content and implications of about 1800 new studies. Overall, there is reinforced scientific evidence of risk where there is chronic exposure to low-intensity electromagnetic fields and to wireless technologies (radiofrequency radiation including microwave radiation).
Specific Health Issues related to EMF exposure include:
- Birth Defects and Genetic problems -Abnormal gene transcription
- DNA Damage – Genotoxicity and double-strand DNA damage
- DNA Repair Issues -Chromatin Condensation and loss of DNA repair capacity in human stem cells
- Cell Nutrition Affected – (which leads to health problems) Stress proteins being caused by EMF exposure (see article)
- Reduced Immune Functioning– Reduction of free-radical scavengers
- Illness – autoimmune diseases -Neurotoxicity in humans and animals
- Cancer – Carcinogenicity (cancer) in humans
- Infertility -Serious impacts on human and animal sperm morphology and function (
- Behavior Problems -Effects on offspring behavior (ADD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum)
- Effects on brain and cranial bone development in offspring of animals exposed to cellphone radiation during pregnancy
The levels of exposure we face in 2017 are higher and have crept into everyday life, even for children. The levels at which undesirable effects on health and well-being are seen is much lower. There is much greater involuntary exposure, and it is nearly unavoidable even for people who choose not to ‘go wireless’ (second-hand radiation effects).
Safe forms of communication by land-line telephone are being phased out without general public knowledge or agreement.
The BioInitiative Working Group is challenging the EMF power structure to set much stricter exposure standards for power lines, cell phones, cell towers and other sources of electromagnetic radiation.
RFR (Radio Frequency Radiation) designated as a possible carcinogen
Wireless laptops and wireless internet in schools, and home offices, and for homework mean even more chronic exposures to RFR (radiofrequency radiation), a designated IARC 2B Possible Human Carcinogen (May 31, 2011).
RFR sources include WI-FI, WI-MAX, smart grids using wireless utility meters, and vast commercial applications of wireless RFR (in commerce, transportation, in banking, in surveillance and monitoring, medical imaging, and computer health records.
The Key Recommendations
Among the group’s key recommendations are:
– The 1mG limit for homes where children and/or pregnant women live;
-“precautionary limit” of 0.1μW/cm² (0.6V/m) for RF exposures where “people live, work and go to school.”
Our comment: It is extremely likely that your home, school or office environment gauss reading is more than 1mG if you are using Wi-Fi
These proposed levels are on the order of 1,000 times more stringent than current limits adopted by ICNIRP (International Commission on Non- Ionizing Radiation Protection) and the IEEE’s ICES (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety). All 21 sections of the report are available as free downloads from the BioInitiative website at www.bioinitiative.org. Michael Lerner, Founding Partner
Stay Healthy – Three Actions You Can Take
1. PROTECT YOURSELF FROM EMF RADIATION
Take a Quiz that will evaluate your EMF Protection Needs – The Quiz is absolutely free and will give you a specific recommendation for your EMF exposure levels. If you have taken the quiz, visit our Personal Energy Protection page, which explains how the BioElectric Shield works to protect your brain and body 24/7.
2. LAYER YOUR ENERGY PROTECTION
Visit our Buyer’s Guide page – scroll down to the section that explains how to layer your personal energy protection: body first, then electronics, then your home.
3. TURN YOUR WIFI OFF AT NIGHT
When we sleep, our bodies use the time for “rest and repair” various problems that occur from daily exposure to EMF, physical injuries, or metabolic issues. If your body is being bombarded by EMF, it’s VERY difficult for your body to accomplish rest or repair! You can plug in a lamp timer into the wall socket, and then plug your WiFi into this timer. Set the WiFi to go off when you typically go to bed, and on when you need it in the morning.
Take a Quiz to find out what you need.
Any questions, please give us a call. We are in the EMF Protection business and are here to help you.
Virginia Brown, Occupational Therapist, President, BioElectric Shield Co. 541-201-8878.