Going to School Can be Extremely Difficult for Children who are ADD, ADHD and/or Highly Sensitive
Here are some things that may be able to help
It’s back to school, and for your kids, that can mean the anxiety of dealing with school work, new teachers, and all the other kids. This is difficult for most kids, but if your child has ADD or ADHD or is highly sensitive, then it can be extremely stressful.
School Has Changed
Going to school has always produced anxiety in a number of sensitive kids, but in the last ten years school has changed dramatically.
- There is Wi-Fi in most schools
- Kids are using computers, or tablet computers
- Many kids have Cell-phones with them all the time
- Dirty Electricity can be affecting your children’s concentration, causing asthma, fibromyalgia and a number of other problems
- Pressure to perform from an early age has increased, and so has anxiety
- Many children are simply more sensitive and intuitive – Read more about Indigo, Crystal and Highly Sensitive Children
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder affects 1.6 million children ages 6-11 in this country alone. (And many adults as well)
- This amounts to 7% of the school-age population!
- It is now known that this energy issue does not disappear when you become an adult.
- ADD/ADHD and Autism are growing at alarming rates.
- Many articles and studies are pointing to EMF as possible contributing or aggravating factors.
The technology in your child’s classroom can be causing or increasing their ADD symptoms and general sensitivity.
It would be a terrible shame if children were unnecessarily medicated because of a misunderstanding of what was causing the symptoms.
There was a sharp increase in the number of ADD and ADHD cases at the same time that our environment, including schools, libraries, and hospitals, became inundated with technology.
- Between 1.5 and 6% of the population is EMF Sensitive.
- Approximately 11% of children 4-17 years of age (6.4 million) have been diagnosed with ADHD as of 2011.
- Adults diagnosed with ADD or ADHD are approximately 4% The numbers are highly suggestive.
It’s more than possible that at least some of these kids are EMF sensitive, not ADD or ADHD.
The computers, WiFi, and other learning tools in the classroom can actually make learning harder for many children and adults.
As an occupational therapist, I worked with many kids and their parents on learning ways to better understand and cope with ADD/ADHD. Since developing the ADD/ADHD focusing Shield we have helped thousands of children and adults be more focused and much less stressed, and helped make school easier as well as their lives.
If you or your child has ADD/ADHD symptoms, EMF, other people in the room, and many other factors can amplify the symptoms.
In this video I explain more about ADD/ADHD and why the Shield makes a difference.
I hope you and your children have a productive and fun school year.
Virginia Brown, Occupational Therapist