What’s a Holiday Sensitivity Profile? It’s your energy profile and prediction of how well you’ll get through the holiday!
The holidays are upon us again. For many of us, the holidays are a mixed bag. While many people look forward to them, others dread them or have mixed feelings for a variety of reasons.
I was reminded of this yesterday when talking to a very balanced, focused friend who was feeling “off” and kind of sad. When I mentioned that it’s almost Thanksgiving, she immediately knew that’s what was wrong.
If you’re a Highly Sensitive Person it’s quite likely that the holidays are more of a struggle for you, but even people who don’t normally have a problem find the holidays to be very stressful.
Here are a few questions to find out what may be causing this – your HSP (Holiday Sensitivity Profile)
- Do you find family dynamics difficult or confusing?
- Do you feel more lonely over the holidays?
- Do you dread all the get-togethers and parties?If you go to a party or gathering do you find yourself withdrawing, or finding just one person you can have a quiet conversation with?
- Are you often inexplicably sad or moody?
- Do you find yourself just wishing for some quiet time?
- Are you simply overwhelmed by all the things on your list?
- Does shopping sound like a chore?
- Are you counting the days until the first of the year?
If you answered Yes to more than 3 of these questions, you may be a highly sensitive person.
Get more insight on what this can mean for you – take our HSP/Empath Quiz
One thing I’ve found that has helped me over the years is wearing my BioElectric Shield. The Shield helps your energy stay centered and balanced, and helps to deflect other people’s energy.