Valentine’s Day – Oh the anticipation! We decorated boxes with hearts, ribbons, glitter and other beautiful things, and put them on our desks, awaiting the delivery, hopefully, of valentines from our friends and admirers. Even as adults we often feel lonely and isolated because we either don’t have a sweetheart, or the one we do have doesn’t show their love the way we’d like.
Instead of thinking about all the unmet expectations and sense of isolation this holiday often brings about, you can use this as an opportunity to spread love. How can you make this day not just romantic love, but actual heartfelt compassion for others and yourself?
Make this a Special Day for Others
- Smile at everyone you meet.
- Stop by a nursing home or hospital and take some treats – sweets may not be welcomed or healthy, so how about some lotions, books, magazines, even craft items. Stay and have a conversation with some of the patients who don’t have visitors.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while just to say “hi”.
- Write a letter to a friend (or two or three), use nice stationary. I guarantee they’ll be surprised, since most of us just send emails.
- Share a CD of music that inspires you.
- Write Love Notes – The children of your household are simply gonna love this. Write up little notes about how you feel for them and what they mean to you and place them around your house along with a candy heart or other treat. Add a riddle at the end of each note about where to find the next note. At the last note, have something special waiting there, say a teddy bear or other toy or treat. Make sure that you hide the notes when none of the little ones are watching, or else all the fun is going to be spoiled. (I found this idea on www.theholidayspot.com)
- Give a gift of love and protection – order a BioElectric Shield pendant, Room Shield or other type of EMF protection for a loved one.
Create your Own Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Have a party. Invite all your friends to come share an evening of friendship and love.
- Call a single friend or two invite them for dinner or a movie.
- Get together with friends or even your children and go to a shop that lets you make ceramics or jewelry right there. You’ll have fun and something to keep or give away as a gift.
- For yourself; treat yourself to a massage or spa day, take a long hot bath, buy something new, fix a lovely dinner and enjoy it with a glass of wine.
- Buy yourself jewelry with hearts on it or a Heart BioElectric Shield just to remind you that love is around you all the time.
What creative ways can you find to love yourself and the people in your life on Valentine’s Day and the rest of the year?
Do you want a Heart Shield but already have a regular Shield. Did you know it’s possible to own and wear two Shields (not at the same time please). Some people have their “Regular Shield” but also have a heart Shield for days when they want to feel love, or be reminded to share the love they have with the world. You may not want to wear a heart all the time…but it can be a nice change.