Instructions: Wearing and Caring for your BioElectric Shield
|Wearing Your Shield||General wearing instructions|
|Black Cord -How to Tie the Knot||Instructions to re-tie the butterfly knot in your black cord|
|Is my Shield Waterproof?|| Can I shower or swim with Shield on?
Polishing Your Shield
Caring for your 14k Gold Shield
|Recharge Your EMF Radiation Protection Shield||Three methods:
1. Recharge it at HOME by by hanging it outside or in a window
2. Or wear it outside your clothing for either 3 hours in the sun or 6 hours in cloudy weather on a monthly basis.
3. Send Your Shield to Montana where we recharge it in our crystal room and then re-polish it.
|How to Give Your Shield to Someone Else||Recharge and Energy Clearing Instructions before giving your Shield to someone else|
|FAQ'S||FAQ's - EMF Protection Shield|
- Wear your Shield during the day or all the time. Most people take it off at bedtime and place it on their bedside table. As long as it is within 2-3 feet of you, it is still working with your energy field. Occasionally it is good to leave it farther away at night. It allows your energy field to remember the pattern the Shield is providing during the day, reinforcing the pattern.
- The Shield is often worn on a cord, chain or beaded necklace at the heart level. However, as long as it's on your body somewhere, it will do its job.
- You can wear under or over your clothing with equal effectiveness. Instead of wearing it, slip your cord or chain around your belt loop and place it in your pocket, attach to swivel key chain, or pin it in your bra. You can use any chain or cord you choose. Wearing the Shield closer to your heart is the ideal. We have some excellent chains and beaded chains available on our web site, as well as silk and leather cords with sterling hooks. (See accessories for emf protection pendants)
- How to re-tie the cord: Our product manager now reveals the secret of how she ties the butterfly knot. "I put the shield onto the cord first and make sure it is exactly in the middle then I make the loops large enough to fit the shield into them. I also put the loops directly below the shield loop and after I push the shield through the loops. I slowly pull both cords equally until the knot is directly over the shield's top loop then I snug it up tight." Watch Video instructions to retie the butterfly knot or use the photo instructions.
- How to tie an adjustable, sliding knot in Your Black Cord: It seems complicated at first, but once you get it, it's really simple. You can tie as shown with two wraps around, or just do one wrap if you want a simpler knot.You can do this with either a leather or satin cord or any other material you have.
- TIE CORD SECURELY – Each and every time you put your Shield on you should pull on the cords to make sure the knot is tight. The cord can become loose with wear, so please protect your Shield by making it a habit to pull tightly every time you put it on. Also check for wear and if your cord is worn don’t use it! Order replacement cords. Craft stores usually have similar cording. For greater security using a chain is best.
- Hint for cord tying – You can get a very secure knot by holding both cords together, and looping them both through the same loop, then pulling tightly.
- Adjustable Knot - you can make a knot that adjusts very easily - CAUTION - this is a great knot and very secure but it can loosen be sure to pull knot tight every single time you put your Shield on.
- Cord Security Hint from a Shield Wearer - If you choose a length of cord so you can slip the Shield over your head, you can sew the knot closed - you'll never worry it will come apart this way! (can also use super glue)
- The Shower - You can wear it in the shower, ocean or a lake. Chlorinated pools will tarnish a silver shield in minutes! Shield is waterproof.
- Washing Machines - If your Shield goes through the washer, simply recharge it the next day. The crystal matrix is embedded in a holding material that cushions it and makes it resistant to high heat or extreme cold. Running the Shield through a dryer isn't a great idea, though and can be hard on the finish. If you have washed your Shield a bunch of times, consider sending it back for a recharge.
- 14K Gold Shield - See additional information
- When to polish: We recommend that you polish your Shield occasionally, but a dull shield will perform at nearly the same effectiveness as a polished one. The most important thing you can do is recharge your shield regularly.
- Do not use ultrasonic cleaners. The vibration can damage the crystals.
- What kind of polishing cloth should you use? The cloth we carry came recommended by the largest jeweler supplier in this country. We agree after trying a few others. It does not leave a residue on your hands, but can quickly polish your Shield, and any other jewelry you have. Most people order 2 kits at a time. They are not washable since the cleaning compound is part of the cloth. Order the Polishing Kit (many people get 2 at a time)
- If you prefer, you can use an ordinary silver polish or natural methods for removing tarnish from silver. To obtain the mirror finish on polished Shields you can use a dip, but we recommend a cream polish or polishing cloth instead as they leave a protective finish behind.
- Looking for a Natural Way to Clean Silver try this idea by Sarena Fuller, Demand Media (Note: we haven't tried this but have heard that it works nicely)
- How do I polish a satin finish shield? To restore the satin finish, you will need to get our Polishing Kit. The kit contains the buffing pad that will restore the satin, textured finish of your Shield after you have used the cloth to remove tarnish. You can use other abrasive pads, but they may make your Shield look gray. If you don't use the matte buffing pad, your Shield will gradually get more shiny over time which is also a good look.
- Brass Shields - You can clean with Brasso or other metal cleaners, or our Polishing Kit.
- Note about Polishing Kits, they will get black, and they will keep working. Do not wash or you'll remove the chemicals that remove tarnish.
- Watch a video of how to polish your Shield
- You cannot over-charge your Shield. It is IDEAL to charge once a month, but if you miss a month, simply recharge it the next month. If you have a calendar reminder program, we suggest you simply put it on your calendar for a monthly recharge. Many of us still hang it outside monthly, but now there are several easy ways to keep it charged.
- If your life is extremely stressful or EMF impacted we suggest charging more often to keep at peak efficiency.
- The Energy of the sun will come through the clouds so you don't have to wait for a sunny day, but full sun is optimal.
Use one of the following methods:
- Hang Shield outside where it is continuously exposed to natural light. If it's sunny, hang it outside for 3 hours, if cloudy charge for 6 hours. If you are lucky enough to have a secure outdoor space, hanging it outside is ideal. Be sure to Secure Shield by tying or looping it around something: squirrels and birds have been known to take unsecured Shields.
- Hang in Window: If necessary, install a hook in your window so the Shield can dangle freely inside your window, not flat against the window or on a window sill. We recommend 8 hours if recharging in a window.
- Wear your Shield outside your clothing on a sunny day. Your Shield will charge while you are outdoors. We recommend doing this every few months.
- The Shield IS DRAINED BY MOONLIGHT. If you do leave it out in moonlight, simply re-charge for double the number of hours it was exposed to moonlight. You CAN wear it during the moonlight and your Shield will not be affected. (It's busy taking care of your energy, not receiving energy from anything.)
- Charging it more often is fine!
- Keep your Shield at 100% power for the rest of your life either by charging regularly at home, or send to us every few years for a Recharge and Repolish.
- The Shield cannot be charged with a grow-light, full spectrum lights, pyramids or salt water. Your Shield does not absorb negative energy, so it never needs to be cleared or cleansed – only recharged by exposure to natural daylight.
- Is charging the shield for 2 hours over 3 days have the same effect as one 6 hour charge?
It's best to do it for 3 continuous hours if it's sunny - and 6 continuous hours if it's cloudy.
- Does the shield benefit from random charging....hour here, hour there?
Yes, now you can wear it outside your clothing and charge it. We still recommend hanging it outside for several hours at a time once a year, if you have a safe place - otherwise hang in window that gets daylight.
- Is it moonlight(dark) that drains your shield or should you avoid charging it when the moon is out during the day? Or visible during the day? Or not behind the Horizon?
Answer: It's better to do it when the moon is not visible during the day. That being said, the sun energy is stronger than the moon when the sun is out, but the optimal charge will occur when none of the 3 conditions you mention exist.
What if my EMF Protection Shield hangs overnight in the moonlight?
- A rule of thumb is to hang it out twice as many hours as it was exposed to moonlight. You need to recharge your shield for the next 2 days to restore to 100% functioning.
- If you have any doubt about the strength of your shield, you can make sure it's working at maximum efficiency by sending to have re-polished and re-charged in our crystal room.
- You can request that our consultant personally examine your shield to make sure it is at 100% power after it's been recharged. If it's not, it will be placed in the Crystal Room until a full charge is achieved. (If this is not possible we will call you, but this seldom happens!)
- Can I charge it with salt water or full-spectrum lights? No.
- Does the EMF Protection Shield have to be cleansed? Does it pick up negative energy? When you are wearing a Shield, it is focused on balancing and protecting your energy, it does not pick-up negative energy - it deflects it away from you.
- What are the Symbols and Markings on the Shield?
Each Shield is lovingly handcrafted. Our Shield Makers stamp their unique symbol on the back of the Shield opposite the top loop. The .925 stamp signifies pure sterling silver, and the 14k or .585 symbolizes pure 14k gold. The ADD/Focus Shield has an A on the back; custom shields have a C. Shields not from North America will also have a number.
- Can I Trade my Shield in for a different level? Anytime within a year from purchase, you can return your original Shield and Trade-up to a higher level Shield.
- You may have purchased what you could afford, knowing you would eventually want a stronger Shield.
- You may have been skeptical and not wanted to spend money on a higher level until you found out if the Shield worked. After wearing it for a while, you know it works and are ready to invest in yourself and your well-being.
- Your life may have changed and you need to upgrade your protection.
- Read more about how and why you may want to Trade-Up to a Higher Level Shield.
If you want to pass on a Shield you are no longer using (you upgraded, or any other reason), you need to clear the Shield of the energy of the person who has worn it. To do this, follow the recharge instructions above, but do it for 6 days in a row. Please make sure you bring the Shield inside before dark to avoid the moonlight shining on it (moonlight drains energy). Once this has been done, you have both cleared and recharged the Shield. It is ready to be given to the next person.
If you feel your Shield may not be performing at the same strength it was when you first received it, you can send your Shield back to our product facility in Montana to be recharged and re-polished. If a Shield is especially depleted, we may put it back in to our charging room for a few extra days. If this is the case, we'll let you know.
- Please allow 7-10 days for recharging and re-polishing, and 7-10 days for return shipping. (Total time 2-3 weeks. Less time if you choose faster return shipping.)
- Order a Recharge
Repair Top Loop - if your loop is wearing thin, don't risk losing your Shield. Order a loop repair - which also includes recharging and repolishing your Shield.
Natural Way to Clean Silver by Sarena Fuller, Demand Media http://greenliving.nationalgeographic.com/natural-way-clean-silver-3121.html