Many of us are sensitive to environmental toxins, whether we know it or not. Once we become aware of our sensitivities, it’s easy to feel like as helpless as the canaries miners carried underground; if the bird got sick or died, it was a warning to the workers. We have more power than those poor birds. We can find ways to detox, clean up our environment, and protect ourselves.
It’s important to understand how to minimize and prevent symptoms before they become entrenched as chronic conditions or disease, but sometimes it feels overwhelming, doesn’t it? There’s so much pollution in our world that scientists are identifying diseases, allergies and sensitivities that were uncommon or unknown only 50 years ago. One of the most common, and most invisible pollutants affecting our health comes from electromagnetic sources, from electrical equipment and appliances to power lines, microwaves, wifi, computers and radio transmitters.
Symptoms of electromagnetic sensitivity (EMS) range from the catastrophic to the chronic. Many of us experience EMS toxicity as depression, chronic fatigue, heart problems, fibromyalgia, weakness, headaches, ADD, or a general feeling of being unwell. It’s important to take the power for your healing in your own hands. Consult your doctor, of course –- but make sure to check out complementary holistic solutions that will speed your recovery and prevent further illness.
How do I know if I have EMS? What can I do about it?